Another stem cell Rant

Another stem cell Rant


I was sitting about to enjoy my morning coffee, when my boss wandered in.

"Did you see that Op-Ed in the Salt Lake Tribune this morning?" asked Don Margolis, founder of the company adult stem cells, Theravitae. I sighed knowing another diatribe would come my way.

Margolis said the last paragraph-

Therefore, until Bush is gone, U.S. researchers rely on government grants will be forced to use adult stem cells and existing embryonic stem cell lines. And without the benefit of increased stem cell research and treatment, Americans continue to die so we can protect the frozen embryos that will never live.

"This is just another example of the American media does not give the whole picture. Forced to use adult stem cells? As if that's a bad thing? My patients are not dying. Adult stem cells are working for them! Ask yourself.
If I lose all my money and left homeless and I'm looking for a job, I'll make my way to Salt Lake City and apply for a job as editor of the Salt Lake Tribune, because I know I can do better, "said Don.

I mentally this and smile. Don has reason to be angry. At last count, the company has treated more than 200 options, no heart disease patients with therapy Vescell your company's adult stem cells.

Don continued, "When I think of embryonic stem cells, I think of the number zero. How many are there now clinical trials with embryonic stem cells? Zero. How many treatments using embryonic stem cells? Zero. How many people have ever been helped to at CES? zero. "

Margolis believes that investors have pooled their money on more promising adult stem cell research because "they know they're getting a good return on your investment." That leaves embryonic stem cell researchers with anything, except to call U.S. taxpayer money citing the "potential" and "promise" of embryonic stem cells. Sad to say, the only promise that the world has seen in the words of embryonic stem cell research lobby. "Your mouth is writing checks that his research can not cover." Don said flatly.

"If the issue were not more than $ 100 million that are desperately trying to defraud taxpayers in this science fiction embryos, I would not be so upset. But to succeed, have to trick the public into believing that adult stem cells do not work, because if the truth would come out, the taxpayers of protest "that needs to embryonic stem cells?" And embryonic fraudsters would have to go to professional investors for funding and embryonic speculators laugh out of town.

"But his lies are costing thousands of lives every month. The corrupt U.S. medical release is compelled by" political correctness "to follow the party line and pretend that embryonic stem cells function (which have never done and probably never will) and that adult stem cells, which have saved and improved millions of lives around the world, do not work. Jerry, I ask, is murder to send heart patients unnecessarily to the grave or is simply voluntary manslaughter? "

"Every day, I have to read something like this. "He says with dismay as the article points out the Salt Lake Tribune." One day, adult stem cells will be given their due. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be anytime

Leave a Reply