Security blog - 10 tips to avoid embarrassment and disaster
In this age of instant gratification it is easy to fall into the habit of acting first, think later. With instant communication tools like emails and blogs this trend results may vary in shame only to disaster. You have to think before you blog.
Some recent results and disastrous lack of foresight, when blogs are:
* Students at a private school in New Zealand suspended due to comments made online about their teachers
* Gold Coast student charged as an accomplice after posting a video of a hitting school grounds
* At the University of Pennsylvania, Attorney at Law has a job offer withdrawn after the businessman was a reference to it in a blog.
There are exceptions. Just Google "blog looting" and returned an incredible 449,000 results. "Demand blog" found 17,800,000 results. Cyber bullying has become the scourge of the 21st century, with many hurt feelings and helpless victims.
Google the name of the job seekers is now a common, if not a universal practice of the recruiters. Have you ever posted a comment on a blog you do not want a future employer to see? Because they probably will. What about photos of the game? It may seem a funny if not entirely innocent post today, but how it will appear in the future to an audience who have not even considered yet.
Before thinking about how any message will be received by:
* A future employer
* A future father-in-law
* A lawyer for confrontation
* Your Mother
* Your spouse (current or future)
* Your children (yes, his post could remain accessible during all that time).
Think of a blog as a virtual tattoo - easy to achieve, but difficult if not impossible to remove. An interesting blog can be picked up by other bloggers and re-published. This means that deleting a message from your own blog, does not necessarily mean that it is still in the public domain. Once your out there is out there forever.Here few simple rules you should follow to avoid embarrassment or worse of his ramblings online.
1. Never write something in a blog would not tell potential readers face to face
2. Never post anything you do not want your mother to see, now or in the future.
3. Never send anything negative about another person
4. Never include language courses in a message
5. Never mix alcohol and blogs
6. Never make a post in anger
7. Never post a photo of another person without their permission or the permission of a parent / guardian if the person is an adult
8. Never post explicit images
9. Never send a lecture on any subject when knowledge is lacking - it is better to remain silent and have people think you are ignorant to do a post that shows you are!
10. If in doubt - DON "T.
The Internet and blogs in particular, can be incredibly empowering through information transfer and knowledge building. It can also be very harmful when misused, both white and blogger. Please join the growing ranks of bloggers, the rewards are worth a little effort. But wisely and with caution.
In the end websites help companies improve their profitability by creating websites that actually increase sales, even for companies that have never had an Internet presence.
- The best speech frame camera, Ramblings and Review...
- Security blog - 10 tips to avoid embarrassment and...
- Loan Modification - Two Difficulties Charter and d...
- Kitchen supplies and combat the winter blues
- Why Blog Ranting is considered bad SEO
- The importance of accepting the anger and the Move...
- Another stem cell Rant
- Rumble Ramble and leaving a company
- 15 Thoughts, Rants and ramblings about the formati...
- Hiking in endless blog posts?
- ▼ October (10)
Journalism Articles Ideas Food and Beverage Articles Supplements and Vitamins Articles Gadgets and Technology art and commerce articles Home Schooling News Commercial Real Estate Insurance Games Articles Health and Weight Loss Internet Law Articles Career Management Articles College and University Articles Hotels and Travel Reviews Skin Care Articles Art and Photography Articles
Book Reviews Articles Music Reviews and Music News Board Games Articles Home Business Articles Web Design Articles Computer Games Articles Motorcycle News Restaurant Reviews Articles Network Security Solutions Personal Finance Articles Travel Tips and Articles software reviews Web Design Articles Childhood Education Articles International Business Articles Mental Health Articles Video Game News and Reviews Music Articles and News Commercial Real Estate Interior Design Gadgets and Technology News Articles about Friendship Motivational Articles Vitamins and Supplements Articles Insurance Articles Women Health ArticlesInternational Studies Articles Cell Phone Reviews Custom Shoes Articles Health Journalists Articles Astrology Articles Teenagers Articles Personal and Business Banking Business Leadership and Strategy Nature Medicine Computer Forensics Articles Home Gambling Women's Health Care Payday loan E-commerce Website Hotel and Villa Casinos and Gambling Business and Financial News Solutions for Business Casinos Business Business Travel Card Game Hiking Backpacking Article Internet and Businesses Article Airline Travel Article Network Marketing Article International Business Article Small Business Article Solar Energy Budget Travel Home Improvement Internet and Businesses Marketing Low Calorie Foods Travel Insurance Vitamins for Weight Loss Gambling Commission Web Design inspiration Mobile Phones and Gadgets Cats and Kittens Music Industry Home Health Care Sales Management Casino Gambling Games Travel and Leisure Dress Your Best Website Design and Graphics Home and Furniture Automotive Car Care Education News Medical and Health Information Real Estate News Management and Business Business Networking Computer Networking Business and Financial News